Tuesday, May 01, 2012

BATAM - HARMONI ONE HOTEL

Really glad that I managed to have a short getaway trip to Batam after my examination. It was a 3 Days 2 Nights trip. First day with a tour guide around Batam Island and second day was free and easy. The weather over there practically the same as Singapore, either sunny or rainy day. Luckily, first day was not raining but the sun was scorching hot. The tour bus wasn't that fantastic like those in our country and I know I shouldn't expect comfort and cleanliness. The aircon in the bus wasn't really working and it was quite dusty. 

So, our tour guide, Henry, fetched us from the ferry terminal and went to KTM Resort to pick up another 2 ladies who would be joining us in the day tour. We went to Polo Ralph Lauren outlet first, and Henry stated it's authentic but according to my instinct, I think it's not authentic as the material used is different. Theirs much thicker and rough texture hence, I knew it wasn't the ones like I have been feeling it from Takashimaya's Ralph Lauren outlet. 

Next we were brought to homemade Kueh Lapis and otak otak shops. Sadly to say, I do not eat kueh lapis and the otak over there wasn't pleasant to my preference. Therefore, I did not buy anything. Afterwards, we were brought to batik and factory outlets. I bought a tissue box batik cover from there BUT it doesn't fit my house's tissue box! I got to buy those big tissue packet instead in order to fit it in. Factory outlet consists of Nike, Burberry, Adidas, Fred Perry and other brands but well, I did not buy anything over there. The materials used for the clothing weren't right for me. 




And then, we went to a place filled with miniature buildings. I thought they will be super mini but they are just as tall as me though. I didn't take pictures with them as the sun was too hot to bear. I just took random pictures of it only.











And, finally lunch has arrived as I remembered I was hungry at that time and it's seafood lunch at the Golden Prawn or is it Yes 933 Seafood! Anyway, they are just situated side by side. There are 7 dishes of it. Not very fantastic but still a pass for me.





My favorite beach drink: COCONUT! It's big (compared to the ones in Singapore), but I know Bali's one is definitely bigger. It wasn't that sweet, a little sour. The meat was hard to dig out. I love to dig and eat the coconut meat.





This so-called authentic birdnest was selling at the restaurant. The ginseng tasted real as it has bitterness in it, but for the bird nest itself, my friend realized they mixed some stuffs in it. So please dont get conned and drink a bowl of bird nest over there if you are going Batam next time.





After lunch, there was a performance and it said that during the introduction, they will do a dance and invite the spirit in, something like that. Henry did not want to tell us the full story, maybe it wasn't appropriate. So, there was a guy used his teeth to bite open a coconut. And another guy ate glasses and jumped in a circle of fire. Basically, just some performance act and we were told to contribute some money of any amount.








Next, we went to the oldest temple in Batam and I was shocked that the aunties in the trip did not explore the temple at all. Instead, they went to the roadside stalls to find more food. But for me, I like to take pictures of beautiful artifacts. I am not devoted to any religion but I respect all of it.






Before we head back to hotel, we got to enjoy our 60min traditional Javanese full body massage. It was fantastic except for the head massage for me. Other than that, the massage was good and I enjoyed it. As my hotel was the nearest, I got to go back hotel first and all the aunties, including me, were shocked that my hotel was beautiful! We drove pass Batam View Hotel and KTM Resort during the day tour, and glad that I did not mange to book those places. Harmoni One Hotel has just built and still building. It is BEAUTIFUL! The whole places does not look like a 4 stars hotel, but a majestic 6 star hotel. They are building in a way that it can accommodate more people, not only tourists but also businessmen. New restaurants are going to be up soon. Alright, let the pictures talk instead.










This is the rooftop swimming pool! I went up to see and I thought I was staying in a honeymoon dream hotel! The sculptures feel like mixed of Egypt and England. I do not know what is it but they feel so pretty at night!







There is a gym provided too with HI FI SET! Well, I was surprised because last time, when I was travelling around, I remembered I wanted to have a radio around so that I can dance or just stretch. And this gym has it :)





Look at the beautiful scenery of Batam. Not developed island but well, it's an island!







I brought some vodka and gummy bears over and tried this Vodka Gummy Bears! It was not too bad! You can try marinate it and put in the fridge for hours before having it.





Day 2: After a sumptuous buffet breakfast, went to the beautiful rooftop swimming pool + jacuzzi for a relaxation. It is a good time to go for a swim during the day as there were nobody at all during that time (for me).









After the swim, we headed to Mega Mall for lunch and movie session. I got to ate Ayam Penyat over there and the chicken was well cooked but I think it's a little too small, compared to the ones in Singapore. And the movie ticket cost only $3++ per person. Mega Mall wasn't that big but a new shopping mall. Hence, the cinemas are new too. There are people to guide you to your seats and that is a really good service.





The people there are very kind although most of them might look terrifying but they are courteous and friendly. I am glad that the hotel provides good cab services as the taxis along the street look scary as some of the cars seemed to have dents, probably into small accidents before. Taxi fare wasn't that expensive, just 30,000rp from hotel to Mega Mall. That cost about $4++?

Well, i had fun over there and really happy that this trip was so much different from the first time I went to batam. I got to explore the island and try many new things. Just want to say 2 words to the Lord: Thank You!


1 comment:

imthekingg said...

who did you went with??