I believe you have been through this cycle. Every time you go to a new school, you will be meeting new people, get to know new friends and have your own favorite clique. When knowing little much about the person, you will tend to be happier and enjoy the fun moments. Doing silly things, laughing across the streets, taking ugly pictures and even plan to meet up for gatherings.
However, when you start to know more about the people around you, you will tend to make opinions towards one another. Small arguments may arise and probably you may or may not able to accept it as different person has different perspectives. Therefore, a big group of friends will reduce to just a few and you guys are still happy together, and able to accommodate one another due to common interests or thinking. The loudness of laughter decrease along with the number in your circle of friends.
One day, as one by one has found their partner in terms of boy/girlfriend; and has found a job to move on with his/her own life, you found that you are left alone. It is not because they forget the friendship, but work and relationships keep them busy. You, alone, miss the past and think about how time flies so quickly, hoping that you could go back in time and be in start of the cycle again.
I may feel a little emotional here because I was thinking of the past, on how I just got to know new people, build new friendships, go for gatherings to build the bond and how conflicts arise due to different thinking. And soon, one by one, leave the circle of friends. I know that it is impossible to have a big group of loyal friends who have the same interests and thinking. To me, friendship is just another relationship be it boy-girlfriend type or mother-son type. It is about compromising one another, help one another, trust and be loyal to the relationship. Hence, friendship is important in my life too. I respect it because it is a relationship, a bond between me and another person.
If you miss you friend today, tell him/her! Don't wait because you will never know what will happen tomorrow.



No comments:
Post a Comment