Monday, June 07, 2010

Wisdom tooth extraction

My mother is really good and lovable parent! She accompanied me the whole day, with no complaint. She woke me up in the morning, I was too tired to wake up the first attempt but luckily, she wasn't angry. She made breakfast for me! We left house a bit late today, but thank God that the bus driver was very kind to let us board. We had to catch for the train when we reached the station. The morning was kind of crazy for her though, but glad that she got herself a seat on train.

We reached Chinatown, and headed to OG shopping mall first. She got herself another lipstick because she lost the one I gave her last year. I paid for it! It wasn't that expensive though! And we went to eat Dim Sum for lunch. Then, walked to National dental centre after our meal.

Upon reaching there, I was excited! I wasn't afraid of the surgery. My heartbeat was normal. The nurses and doctor are really friendly person. Then keep making sure that I won't tense up. However, when the doctor gave me jab after jab at my upper and lower gum! OMG! The jabs were painful and my heartbeat quicken. After some time, the numbness arrived and surgery went well. No pain during the surgery, just the usual sounds you hear from a dental clinic. I swear that I almost fell asleep!

I wasn't feeling giddy and able to walk down the from my operation seat properly. I waited for the nurse to attend to me. And time flew, tick tock tick tock*, the next thing I knew was the pain has started to kick in. And I was unable to get my medicine yet. I made a little fuss at the waiting area, luckily only my mother was able to see me in this state. Everybody was sitting right infront of me. I tried my best to bear, but the pain was excruciating. Gums still bleeding, and it was impossible to eat painkiller and that moment. After an hour from my surgery, I finally received my medicines. I rushed to the toilet and remove the bloody gauze and popped the painkillers in my mouth. Poured some water in my mouth, wanting to swallow but the blood was so gross that I almost puke out!

Indeed, the painkiller really helps me a lot! I was feeling so much better after some time. My mother was there for me the whole day. Even after I bathe, she sat beside me to watch TV with me. I didn't dare to eat or drink for 6 hours due to the bleeding. I didn't even dare to take a nap because I couldn't remove the gauze yet. My mother made 'Gan Bei' minced meat with carrot porridge for me. So sweet of her! My mouth now only can open just nice for a spoon to fit in. Pathetic right? My mother knows that I am unable to eat fruits, hence she made watermelon fruit juice for me instead. And gave me a yakult straw to drink it. I really feel so loved today!

I want to recover as soon as possible, so that I can go back to dance by this thursday. I know I am unable to do too much facial expressions due to the stitch and facial swelling. But just upon hearing music, I feel like dancing already.

Alright, shall go to bed soon! (ps: I love you, mum!)

No comments: